This brief guide regarding accessibility access at Caerfai Bay Caravan and Tent Park is designed to help customers with additional needs plan their stay.
Caerfai Bay Caravan and Tent Park is located just south of St Davids and accessed by a single track road with passing places. The road is wide enough for motorhome and minibuses but not suitable for full length buses of coaches. Most people travelling to Caerfai have their own transport. Those relying on public transport may use the train to Haverfordwest or Fishguard and the connecting bus services to St Davids. From St Davids, Caerfai Bay Caravan and Tent Park is just under a mile walk or taxi services are available.
For visitors with disabilities who are looking to explore the beautiful Pembrokeshire coastline there are a few options. Pembrokeshire Coastal Bus Services are designed for tourists to access the Pembrokeshire Coast National Trail without having to use a car. The ‘Celtic Coaster’ bus service takes you to the St Davids Peninsula. The bus runs on LPG – an environmentally friendly fuel – and can carry wheelchairs. The 14-seater minibus runs from St Davids to Porthclais, St Justinians and Whitesands, enabling you to see the peninsula, catch the boat trips to Ramsey Island or enjoy a day on the beach.
Our Brief Guide
- We are happy to receive enquiries on-line via our website contact page or by telephone, email or post.
- Our reception area has ramp access and a wide access door to accommodate wheelchair users. We are looking to introduce an induction loop system.
- Our laundry has a single width door with ramp access and parking nearby. All our machines are front loading and operated.
- All parking bays close to reception are extra wide.
- The main amenity block in the caravan field has a purpose built wheelchair accessible showering and toilet suite.
- The site is on a gentle slope and all of our facilities within the main public areas have ramped or flat access and wide doors.
- Guide dogs, hearing dogs and assistance dogs are accepted in all areas, however if booking in one of our Holiday Homes, please inform us at point of booking.
- The majority of our hire caravans are not wheelchair accessible having two to four steps to the entry door. We do have hire caravans with a layout that may suit elderly or some disabled customers. Features include wider doors than usual and ramp access.
- All our hire caravans have parking adjoining and, if requested when booking, we will endeavour to keep you as near to the facilities as possible.
- The Park cannot cater for disabled groups due to our limited facilities, however individuals or families with a disabled member or members are welcomed.
- There is a direct access to the Caerfai beach from Caerfai Bay Caravan & Tent Park. However, the access path is very steep (1:4 slope in places) and may not suit customers with walking disabilities. A hand rail is provided. Whitesands beach is a popular and wheelchair accessible beach. Abereiddy, a few miles north, has a wheelchair friendly coastal path that starts from the beach car park and continues to the Blue Lagoon.
- Oriel y Parc (Visitor Centre – top of Caerfai Road) – hire mobility scooters to visitors.